Thursday, January 15, 2015

Double Check Everything

After every time we moved, before leaving every hotel room, before dropping off every rental car, my dad would always double check every corner to make sure we didn't forget anything behind. Now, that is my tip to you.

TIP: Go back and check every drawer before your move. 

 During one of my many moves I forgot to completely empty our buffet cabinet.  I had actually started packing early on that one and had emptied about three quarters of it then ran out of boxes and decided I would finish it later when I had time. So, I put back a few bowls and some pitchers (that I had already wrapped with newspaper) back into the cabinet for later. However, when we arrived to our new home and opened the doors, much to my surprise I found my dishes fully wrapped and thrown everywhere! Now, the only good part to this story is that only one of the five pieces of dishes were broken.

However, if I had gone back through and checked every cabinet, drawer, or shelf, like my dad taught me, then those dishes would have been saved. It is super important to not overlook the little things like cleaning out drawers and cabinets when moving. It might just save your grandmother's old crystal vase you were storing in your China cabinet for safe keeping.

Now, if you liked what you read then head on over to our site and fill out our contact us form, and one of us will get back to you as soon as we can.




No comments:

Post a Comment